Join us for a tour of the new Royal Opera House extension with Stanton Williams Architects.
The original building that now houses the Royal Opera House was designed by E.M. Barry and opened in 1858. Barry also designed the iron Floral Hall that was originally intended as a flower market.
Stanton Williams have recently redesigned the entrances, reconfigured the ground-floor lobby and added a 400-seat auditorium as part of the Open Up project. The Open Up project forms a part of the Royal Opera House’s aim to make ballet and opera available to everyone and aims to make the building more welcoming, transparent and permeable.
Image: © Hufton+Crow