Join us for this exclusive tour with Tim Gledstone, Partner at Squire and Partners, who led the practice’s design and interiors teams to create its new office at The Department Store.
In 2015 Squire and Partners purchased a dilapidated Edwardian department store in Brixton. Formerly known as Toplin House the building dates from 1906 and was bought in a derelict condition. Squire and Partners collaborated with craftspeople and furniture makers to restore the building and convert it into their new office building. Original Crittall windows, Burmese flooring, cast-iron radiators and a tiled central staircase have been restored where possible, while internal spaces have been reconfigured by installing a new triple-height void and a new rooftop social space with a bar and restaurant.
STUDENTS GO FOR FREE
The Department Store
248 Ferndale Road, London, SW9 8FR